webserverless Python Wiki Engines: do they exists?

Pierre Quentel quentel.pierre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 8 16:25:42 EDT 2004

Brian van den Broek a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a stand alone Python wiki engine that does not require a
> web server such as Apache or MS IIS. I have found such beasts in other
> languages (e.g. <http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?EddiesWiki> in C++, and a couple
> in Ruby), but none written in Python. A pointer to any that I've missed
> would be most appreciated.

Have you taken a look at Karrigell (http://karrigell.sourceforge.net) ?
It's a simple and lightweight web framework, 100% Python, shipped with a
built-in web server (well, two in fact, one based on SimpleHTTPServer
and the other on asyncore/asynchat), although it can also work with
Apache or Xitami

It comes with a wiki server demo which you can use once you've started
the server

A+
Pierre