Looking for more Cookbook contributors

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 29 00:56:03 EDT 2004

Terry Reedy wrote:
> I am surprised.  Maybe some mail systems have given up on bounces, perhaps
> since they validate the good addresses by not bouncing.

My machine is one.  Before I turned on filtering I was getting ...
12,000 spams a day sent to made up addresses @ my domain.  (They were
all forwarded to me).  I decided to /dev/null them instead of bouncing
in part to prevent the validation and in part because the 'from'
addresses were often forged, so my bounce mail would either end up in
some Random J. Blow's box or in turn get bounced back to me.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com