New to Python: Features

Tue Oct 5 15:09:20 EDT 2004

Peter L Hansen wrote:
>... 2. You (Richard) are being remarkably mild-mannered in accepting
> the criticisms (which are wholly justified, mind you ;-) being
> levelled against you, at least compared to the last ten people that
> unwittingly did something similar....

I want to thank you, Peter, for reminding me of the c.l.p. standard
of politeness,  I read the initial question and blew it off.  Later
out of boredom I started reading this thread and found (much to my
surprise) that Richard seemed to be listening, responding without
being (too) defensive, and genuinely interested in doing follow-up.

I do find myself getting a bit more cranky at silly questions, and
needed this refresher course in, "sometimes the author doesn't really
know what he is asking for."