reverse Jython

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 05:55:55 EDT 2004

Maurice LING <mauriceling at acm.org> wrote:
> MacClaren and trying to catch it...... This is why although PyPy is an
> important piece of work and by achieving that (even slower than Jython)
> will be a proof of concept of python's completeness, it is not quite
> suitable as an part of academic work. Not to mention that it is near
> impossible to get developers' documentation (the rationale behind each
> function and classes)......

The latter is an aspect on which we _definitely_ plan to do much better
in the future, btw -- we have ambitious projects for dissemination of
information, enhanced documentation, easing the use of pypy for all sort
of teaching and research support.  But that doesn't resolve your issue
wrt the "suitable as part of academic work" (=="detached from real-world
usefulness"); we definitely DO plan to be real-world meaningful!-)

Alex