Python and MySQL 4.1

webdsine webdsine at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 30 23:43:16 EDT 2004

Hello.  I just upgrade to MySQL 4.1 from 4.0, and I'm having trouble
retrieving text from the DB in the proper format using the MySQLdb
module in Python.  All text fields that are retrieved are in this
format:

array('c', 'Whatever is in the field')

The only data that's not displayed in that format are enum values, and
when I was still in v4.0 only 'Whatever is in the field' is
retrieved.

Are there any quick fixes?  I've completed my Python application
already, so I don't really want to go in and mess with the source code
if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance.