Python and MySQL 4.1

Michael Fuhr mfuhr at fuhr.org
Sun Oct 31 01:07:31 EDT 2004

"webdsine" <webdsine at yahoo.ca> writes:

> Hello.  I just upgrade to MySQL 4.1 from 4.0, and I'm having trouble
> retrieving text from the DB in the proper format using the MySQLdb
> module in Python.  All text fields that are retrieved are in this
> format:
>
> array('c', 'Whatever is in the field')

> The only data that's not displayed in that format are enum values, and
> when I was still in v4.0 only 'Whatever is in the field' is
> retrieved.

Could you post an example that demonstrates the problem?  It would
be helpful to see the CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements that show
what the data looks like, the Python code that shows how you're
retrieving the data, the program's output with MySQL 4.0, and the
program's output with MySQL 4.1.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/