py2exe and window with info about error

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Sat Oct 30 11:15:55 EDT 2004

Krzysztof Ksi¹¿ek <mr_rysiu at go2.pl> wrote:

> On 2004-10-30 03:33:28 Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > Is it
> > automatically happening if your script raises an exception?
>
> I think that is the reason. Here is the example of info from log file.
> It looks for me like standard exception handling. Since it can't write
> it to console, it writes the output to log file and and shows the
> information window.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test-programu.py", line 3, in ?
>   File "ftplib.pyc", line 107, in __init__
>   File "ftplib.pyc", line 117, in connect
> socket.gaierror: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')

How is your script being run?  Is it placed in one of the registry
locations:
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
HKCU/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunServices
HKCU/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunServices

Or is it run via shortcut from your Startup program group?  Or some
other method.

How is it being run?

 - Josiah