py2exe and window with info about error

Krzysztof Książek mr_rysiu at go2.pl
Sat Oct 30 04:04:48 EDT 2004

On 2004-10-30 03:33:28 Josiah Carlson wrote:

> First questions: how is this dialog being brought up?  Are you making it
> happen with some sort of GUI toolkit (like wxPython or tk)?

No. I'm not using any GUI toolkit. It does not have any graphical
elements. That's why I don't like to have that error window.

> Is it
> automatically happening if your script raises an exception?

I think that is the reason. Here is the example of info from log file.
It looks for me like standard exception handling. Since it can't write
it to console, it writes the output to log file and and shows the
information window.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test-programu.py", line 3, in ?
  File "ftplib.pyc", line 107, in __init__
  File "ftplib.pyc", line 117, in connect
socket.gaierror: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')

Regards,
Krzysztof Ksiazek