Encouraging Python adoption in your organization

Alia Khouri alia_khouri at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 16:35:57 EDT 2004

Recently, I've been fortunately placed in a position to possibly
mandate the use of python for certain tasks in my new organization.

Now, I've inherited an environment which is windows-centric, lacking
in knowledge about scripting, and somewhat sub-standard in terms of
productivity. I've also inherited a set of pre-existing systems which
I have to deal with and manage:

- Peoplesoft ERP
- Java webframework based on webwork/hibernate/jboss/mysql
- Lotus Notes/Domino

Given this context, I'm mulling over strategies to encourage the
productivity-enhancing benefits and 'joy' of python scripting to my
developers. Of course, I'd rather be persuasive than coercive.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks.

Alia K