Python-Matlab extensions: Comparisons?

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck at gmx.net
Thu Oct 7 15:01:15 EDT 2004

Fernando Perez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> [...]
>
> Alex, I'm not terribly qualified to judge most of this, as my matlab experience
> is exactly zero.  But I'd suggest you pass some of this stuff over for review
> at the scipy-dev list, at least the parts you consider of more general
> interest.  It would be great if scipy could really become the canonical
> repository for this kind of commonly useful functionality.

Well, once I get the stuff ready, I'll also announce it on the scipy and
numeric lists, as they seem most relevant. I'd be happy to have anyone
incorporate any of the code into whatever project they like, partly or whole,
but I guess e.g. a matlab wrapper is too specific (only useful for people who
have matlab; although one could presumably easily create an octave version).
I'm not sure how much general interest there'd be in the other two, I guess
the matrix class could be made redundant if some of it's features were made
available in numarray or scipy.array.

'as