Python-Matlab extensions: Comparisons?

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 12:38:16 EDT 2004

Alexander Schmolck wrote:

> Johannes Eble <skywalkerpackage at hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello Python community,
>>
>> I have looked for a Python extension to bring Python nearer to Matlab.
>
> Scipy/ipython has already been suggested and I agree with that (I'd add emacs
> to the mix); if you want to migrate you might also be interested in some
> stuff I've written (will try to publish it later today; I'll be offline for a
> month from end of this week, so I'd like to "flush" this stuff before):

[...]

Alex, I'm not terribly qualified to judge most of this, as my matlab experience
is exactly zero.  But I'd suggest you pass some of this stuff over for review
at the scipy-dev list, at least the parts you consider of more general
interest.  It would be great if scipy could really become the canonical
repository for this kind of commonly useful functionality.

Cheers,