Ubuntu Linux loves Python

Steve Zatz slzatz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:36:11 EDT 2004

> allready found some outdated packages, like pysqlite, which doesn't
> work with code I've made on Windows using pysqlite 1.0.

I know little about ubuntu and debian but I installed ubuntu a couple
of days ago.  It appears that you can generally use debian package
repositories with ubuntu although there may be an occasional
incompatibility.  For example, I upgraded pysqlite to 0.5.1 from the
Debian "testing" repository and it is working fine; pysqlite 1.0 is in
debian "unstable."