Tkinter 3000 / WCK (Re: Integrate Tile into Tkinter)

Jon Perez jbperez808 at wahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 21:59:34 EDT 2004

Speaking of Tkinter, I noticed that there has
been progress with Fredrik Lundh's Tkinter 3000/
Widget Construction Kit project.  Specifically,
you can now make your own Tkinter widgets from
scratch using pure Python.  Performance actually
seems to be quite good.

http://www.effbot.org/zone/wck.htm

--- quote from WCK page ----

The Widget Construction Kit (WCK) is an extension
API that allows you to implement all sorts of custom
widgets, in pure Python. Creating a new widget can be
as simple as:

from WCK import Widget

class HelloWidget(Widget):

     def ui_handle_repair(self, draw, x0, y0, x1, y1):
         font = self.ui_font("black", "times")
         draw.text((0, 0), "hello, world!", font)