collision detection and penetration depth

Thorsten Reichelt thorsten.reichelt at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 25 09:59:19 EDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:13:30 +0200, "Diez B. Roggisch"
<deetsNOSPAM at web.de> wrote:

>I've been working on a freeesolid binding for pyhthon - it has been pretty
>much complete, and to create it was a piece of cake - I did it in two days,
>while learning how to actually do it.
I'm learning loads of stuff on the way during this project, so I'd be
glad for anything I can just use without really understanding ;).

> At least under linux, with a decent
>compiler available and the distutils at your hands, its no big deal.
Well, we're stuck with windows, really.

>I'd be glad to give the binding to you - but unfortunately, a hd-crash has
>blown it into oblivion.
Just my luck ;). Sorry about your lost work, I hope this was the worst
that happened.

>And in the meantime, I discovered that there exists some other lib that
>actually was better suited for my problems: The Open Dynamics Engine. It
>also featurs a collision detection amongst other features, and there exist
>even two bindings for python: PyODE is one of them, the other I didn't try.
Seems they've merged the two. Anyway, from what I've read so far, this
looks really promising. Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

Regards,
Thorsten Reichelt