Language comparison site - Python ranks #8 on the A-list

Tue Oct 26 14:14:04 EDT 2004

I just tripped over this site (http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm), and google
shows that there has only been a brief mention of it on c.l.py in the Aug 12
Dr. Dobb's Python-URL post, so I thought I'd pass it along for those looking
for some quasi-quantitative Python advocacy data.

It's also interesting to look at the comparitive trend chart lower down on
the page.  But my question is, what the heck happened in March '04?
(Several languages showed drastic swings of several percentage points up or
down - I suspect that this actually reflects some artifact of the data
sampling process, perhaps a software change at Google/Yahoo that would alter
their search outputs, which are inputs to this algorithm, which is why I
call it "quasi-quantitative.")

-- Paul