Quixote Question

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 04:18:39 EDT 2004

[Fuzzyman]
| I think I am going to have a play with Quixote. I think I've finally
| got my head around what it can be useful for and there are definitely
| some parts of my site it will be helpful for. It still leaves the
| question of whether I'm able to install it on someone else's serevr
| without a shell account of course.....

As long as you have FTP access and the ability to specify a
PYTHONPATH somehow (eg via .htaccess on Apache), you just need
to copy a quixote directory from your own machine: it's pure
python (I think). I've done that on my cornerhost.com account
without any problems.

You've probably sussed this already, but it's perfectly possible
to have most of your site static with dynamic parts serviced via
Quixote: just call them via your quixote_handler.cgi, possibly
hidden behind a rewrite to provide a more graceful URL.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk