Quixote Question

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 03:32:26 EDT 2004

Ksenia Marasanova <ksenia at ksenia.nl> wrote in message news:<mailman.4540.1097193283.5135.python-list at python.org>...
> >  I think vanilla CGI may be
> > more suited to some of what I want to do. But then I'm tempted to try
> > and use Quixote in case it sparks my imagination - I'm not sure if
> > it's the right way of delivering my *content* though.
> >
> BTW, you can also deliver static pages through Quixote, by using
> StaticDirectory class and passing directory name to the constructor. In
> the latest Quixote version there is even 'index_filenames' option, for
> specifying index file(s) in the directory.
>
> Ksenia.

Thanks
I think I am going to have a play with Quixote. I think I've finally
got my head around what it can be useful for and there are definitely
some parts of my site it will be helpful for. It still leaves the
question of whether I'm able to install it on someone else's serevr
without a shell account of course.....

Fuzzy