New to Python: Features

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 5 01:03:51 EDT 2004

Richard Blackwood said unto the world upon 2004-10-05 00:32:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> On 2004-10-05, Richard Blackwood <richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com>
>> wrote:

<SNIP>

>>> Anyhow, I wasn't trying to muster up anything or annoy anyone.
>>> My sincere apologies to all who were offended.
>>>

>> Apology accepted on the condition that you read
>> how-to-ask-smart-questions, and go browse around
>> www.python.org for 15 minutes.
>>

> I'll browse around python.org for a few hours instead of throwing in the
> "how-to-ask-smart-questions" part.  ;-)

Wrong order of priorities, methinks. Browsing python.org will help you a
fair bit with python. Reading
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> will help you learn
more about Python and any other thing one might ever post to a newsgroup
or mail-list about. From your various posts, it is clear that the
lessons of the second piece would be much more helpful to your future
projects than would be a browse of python.org.

Best,

Brian vdB