New to Python: Features

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 5 00:34:54 EDT 2004

Richard Blackwood wrote:

> Josiah Carlson wrote:
>
>> Had you read the tutorial, you would discover the answers to all of
>> these questions, but I'll answer them anyways.

    .... many, many lines deleted ...

>> Next time, read the damn documentation.
>>
>> - Josiah
>>

> I can't believe you answered all of them, thank you.   Sorry for pissing
> folks off over here.

As another point of protocol, when you reply to a long
post do not quote the entire post only to add a few lines
at the end.  It maybe the easiest way for you to reply
but it's annoying to those who have to read it.  Why?
Suppose you actually did reply to Josiah's question in
#28.  We as readers need to be careful in our scan of
the reply to see if any of your response is hidden somewhere
in the depths.  We don't know that you only added one
line to the end of the email.

As a consideration to others you can do something like I
did above, to indicate that many lines were deleted, or
use some other way to trim the amount of quoted text.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com