New to Python: Features

Richard Blackwood richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com
Tue Oct 5 00:12:36 EDT 2004

Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Richard Blackwood wrote:
>
>> Ouch!  I didn't expect such harsh replies.  Thanks anyways.
>

> That wasn't harsh.  I answered 4 of your questions.
>
>   39. pointer to the documentation on that topic
>   30. no, Python uses a different style
>   28. that question doesn't make sense for Python -- variables
>         only have one type
>   11. don't use eval (implying that Python has such a thing)
>
> and spent at least as much information in responding as
> you did in writing the questions in the first place.
>
> I even explained why I found your post to be problematical
> and left an opportunity for you to explain why my
> conjectures were wrong.
>
> Feel free to explain why we should put a lot of effort into
> replying to your email when it seems you've made no effort
> in answering the questions yourself, despite seeming to be
> quite capable of doing so.
>
>                 Andrew
>                 dalke at dalkescientific.com

OK.  I idea was that someone who knew alot about one particular would
respond to that question, and other someone who knew alot about another
particular would respond to another question, and so forth.  A poor
idea?  Seeing the result, I guess so.  Sorry to have bothered anyone.

When I said "harsh", I meant being accused of trolling, attempting to
annoy, stir trouble, etc.  None which was my intent nor did I think that
my post would be interpreted as such (otherwise I wouldn't have posted it).

Thank you for your help.