New to Python: Features

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 4 23:53:14 EDT 2004

Richard Blackwood wrote:
> Ouch!  I didn't expect such harsh replies.  Thanks anyways.

That wasn't harsh.  I answered 4 of your questions.

   39. pointer to the documentation on that topic
   30. no, Python uses a different style
   28. that question doesn't make sense for Python -- variables
         only have one type
   11. don't use eval (implying that Python has such a thing)

and spent at least as much information in responding as
you did in writing the questions in the first place.

I even explained why I found your post to be problematical
and left an opportunity for you to explain why my
conjectures were wrong.

Feel free to explain why we should put a lot of effort into
replying to your email when it seems you've made no effort
in answering the questions yourself, despite seeming to be
quite capable of doing so.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com