DVD/CD Burning

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 20:03:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 19:35 -0400, Timothy Fitz wrote:
> Is there a python library to burn CDs or DVDs with? (Python or worst
> case C/C++) I'd rather not use some other commandline tool, but as a
> last resort that'd be possible too. PyPi, Google, etc turn up nothing
> (or rather, anything there might be seems swamped by commercial
> applications)

I don't know of any python libraries, but of course cdrecord is the
cross-platform command line tool of choice.  I know that some people
have wrapped parts of cdrecord for use with Python, but I haven't seen
any that wrapped the burning code itself.

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

Here's some related stuff that might help:
http://kipper.crk.umn.edu/~gerla/python/

--
Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net>