EDI Tools

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 22:27:47 EDT 2004

I've posted by X12 parser to the Activestate Cookbook.
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/299485

I've also got a fairly generic handler class that I might post if
folks are interested.  I've only recently gotten it together.

I wrote this stuff as a bunch of support and ad hod reporting
utilities.  I can only release a small portion of what I've written
though, since so much is only applicable to my company.  At least the
way I wrote it...I was learning X12 as I was writing code.

What sort of tools are you looking to create?  My current experience
is that while most packages have moderate to good support of the
basics, reporting and trend analysis tools are seriously lacking in
the current crop of pacakges.  Those issues are where I've been
focusing my efforts.

Chris

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:55:19 -0500, Greg Lindstrom
<greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> I've read the archives with interest concerning the EDI format for
> information exchange.  I didn't see anything in the vaults to handle the EDI
> X12 standard and wondered if anyone has done work with that.  If not, I have
> some tools I have developed that would be a good start on creating a Python
> based library to create/process EDI documents.  My interest would be in the
> medical/health care fields, but we could abstract them to work off any of
> the EDI documentation.
>
> Anyone interested?
>
> Greg Lindstrom                                         (501) 975-4859
> NovaSys Health                  greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
>
> "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"  W.W.
>
> This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential and are
> intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which they are
> addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any
> use, distribution, or copying of this communication, or disclosure of all or
> any part of its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
> replying to this message and destroy this message and delete any copies held
> in your electronic files. Thank you.
>
> --

Firefox!</a>