Using python to convert PDF document to MSWord documents

Jan Gregor gregor.jan at NOSPAMquick.cz
Sat Oct 2 14:04:53 EDT 2004

> Can anyone please suggest me if  there any python modules available to
> convert PDF document to MSWord documents. If not then can you please
> suggest how can i acheive this.

I think that there's no specification of doc format. Pdf and doc are also
different class of formats. So you can extract text (with ghostscript
frontend ps2ascii and hope in right encoding), and pictures. Typesetting
of word document is your work.

Maybe conversion pdf to html and import of html to word can be better
way - but again, you go from stronger language to weaker.

Jan