Encouraging Python adoption in your organization

Peter Hickman peter at semantico.com
Mon Oct 4 11:00:11 EDT 2004

Miki Tebeka wrote:
> 3. When asked about time estimation say something like "in C/C++/Java"
>    it'll be around two weeks, in Python I can do it in less than one"

On the other hand never rubbish another language just to make Python look better
unless your examples are correct and relevant. This means to bad mouth Perl you
had better be a damned good Perl programmer otherwise you will just be labeled
as an 'ignorant whinny shit'.

This means you do not use the half arsed Perl code that has appeared in this
news group as your evidence. Some managers have been / are programmers and are
going to see that you have no great and are probably a crap programmer.