Question mark in variable and function names

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Thu Oct 7 16:19:46 EDT 2004

    Fernando> That, and the fact that in _my_ opinion,
    Fernando> names-with-embedded-punctuation look ugly :)

Hear, hear!

Abundant ! and ? characters in functions are a good reason to *avoid*
Scheme. All that shift-pressing and noisy code doesn't suit my
aesthetic sensibilities.

It's already legal to use a convention like:

mystruct.sortD()   # destructive

if symbolP(obj): ...       # predicate

I estimate that ! and ? would be cute for a while, but would soon
become annoying, especially if *every* predicate suddenly started to
have "?".

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb