Social Analysis and Modeling for Python

Corey Coughlin corey.coughlin at attbi.com
Fri Oct 1 14:46:51 EDT 2004

Actually, back in school, I worked for a sociology professor doing a
human population simulator, where we had all these people objects and
a set of functions that updated their attributes as time went on, but
we were forced to do it in C to have in run on the campus
supercomputer, so it wasn't what you'd call object oriented.  I can
see how using Python would make the modeling aspects a lot simpler.
So, to sum, sounds cool, hope you have a lot of sucess with it.