Social Analysis and Modeling for Python

Corey Coughlin corey.coughlin at attbi.com
Wed Oct 6 17:19:19 EDT 2004

Yeah, working with C made it pretty horrible, you had to use records
and functions to try to simulate objects, and basically it meant that
anytime someone made a change, there was often an unfortunate ripple
effect.  And the memory leaks, ugh.  And my background was electrical
engineering, so that didn't help too much, but I picked things up
pretty quickly.  I made a little knock off version of the program
that, instead of simulating an entire population, took a single
individual and did a monte carlo simulation of possible futures of
that person.  The results were a little more personal that way.  But
that was all a long time ago, I'm sure the state of the art is far
beyond that now.

-------- Corey