Ctypes error

Thomas Rast foo.bar at freesurf.ch.invalid
Fri Oct 8 08:50:14 EDT 2004

Thomas Heller <theller at python.net> writes:

> The deeper issue is that the unicode stuff in ctypes is only compiled in
> when the Python header files define the HAVE_USABLE_WCHAR_T symbol.  Of
> the systems I build and test on, only Windows defines this.

Since nobody else replied, I'll have to speak up here :-)

I'm running a stock Debian 'testing' Linux, which currently means

libc6          2.3.2.ds1-16
gcc            3.3.4-2
python         2.3.4-4

/usr/include/python2.3/pyconfig.h *does* define HAVE_USABLE_WCHAR_T.

- Thomas

--
If you want to reply by mail, substitute my first and last name for
'foo' and 'bar', respectively, and remove '.invalid'.