Dynamically Generating a Graph in Python

Ivan Herman ivan at ivan-herman.net
Sun Oct 3 04:10:47 EDT 2004

You put me in a strange situation... it is not my goal to compare gnuplot and pychart, I
am just a messenger... I am not even sure that the two are comparable, to be fair (to both).

Pychart (as far as I am concerned) is a small and lean package to do statistical charts
and nothing else. Gnuplot is *much* more than that, it is more powerful and, consequently,
complex. Personally, my problem with gnuplot was that it lacked, for example, any
pie-chart facility (it is a topic of debates on the relevant mailing lists, b.t.w.) and I
was simply too lazy;-) to do start learning gnuplot and do it myself. In any case: I am
afraid we are comparing apples and oranges here.

As for the remark of the author you quote below... I let him defend himself if he reads
these lines. Personally, I do not care about it.

Ivan