PIL question - saving JPEG

news.west.cox.net sean.berry2 at cox.net
Sun Oct 10 17:00:40 EDT 2004

I have a fairly simple Python program that uses Image and ImageDraw to
create poll results on the fly.

Because PIL only supports 256 colors for GIF and BMPs are huge (in
comparison)... I have opted to create JPEGs.

I have installed JPEG-6b and have checked to see that all of the libraries
are in the correct, expected places.  But, I am still getting the following
error.

IOError: encoder jpeg not available

Anyone with some PIL experience know how to get this working?  I really
appreciate any help offered.

If you need more information, just ask.  I will be checking this post for
the next few days.