Python vs PHP

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Oct 26 08:27:02 EDT 2004

Alex Martelli wrote:

>>>         <h5><metal:block define-slot="title">The title</metal:block></h5>
>>>         <metal:block define-slot="content"/>This is example
>>>content</metal:block>
>

> Hmmm, isn't this HTML malformed?  the second metal:block seems to be
> self-terminated and then terminated again by a </metal:block>.  I'm
> going to assume a typo (apologies if it's a ZPT feature instead).

It was a typo. Untested code from memory.

> OK, but the problem is, who supplies My_Fragment, and how is said
> fragment going to be parameterized.

Exactly. Complex markup inside complex templates is the problem.

> This, I believe, is part of nevow not being fully mature yet; at release
> 0.3, of course, full maturity should not yet be expected, either.  ZPT
> is older and wiser.  Nevertheless, the fundamental architecture of nevow
> appears to be sound and very promising (for the templating part, at
> least; I'll reserve my opinion about the other parts!),

I don't have anything bad to say about nevow, as I don't know it ;-) But
I have tried many page layout systems where complex layout in complex
layout is the problem.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/