Multiple XML-RPC calls over the same connection?

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Fri Oct 29 21:47:57 EDT 2004

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> I would point out the XML-RPC is built on HTTP and XML and
> theoretically inherits the benefits and disadvantages of both.

The default implementation uses HTTP as a transport, but that is
not a requirement.  You just have to be able to serialise the request
and response parameters into an XML stream.  The xmlrplic loads and
dumps functions will do that for you.

In one of my projects I actually use XML-RPC over SSH and deal with
the authentication etc at the SSH level.  (I use the excellent pure
Python paramiko library for the SSH protocol part).

Roger