python vs c#

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Oct 4 03:51:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:23:58 +1100, Andrew Durdin <adurdin at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 14:31:05 -0700, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was going to object to this statement.  I went to my good friend "Google"
>> to look up some references but "a number of" is very common and thus
>> difficult to search for.
>
>Not at all:
>
>"+a number +of * have" -- about 1,280,000 results
>"+a number +of * has" -- about 28,800 results

Google seems to accept those quoted arguments, but I could not
find '*' usage explained in the advanced search tips. Nor usage of
special characters within quotes. Where did you find out about that?
(And are you sure you need the +'s? The '*' does definitiely do something though.)

Regards,
Bengt Richter