OT: movie fluff (was Re: New to Python: Features)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Oct 5 12:38:24 EDT 2004

In article <41621efc$0$59533$a1866201 at newsreader.visi.com>,
Grant Edwards  <grante at visi.com> wrote:

>Which one, the "Rude much?" crack or the "You've got to be kidding..."
>crack?  The latter isn't all that improper (especially not for Usenet).
>The former is colloqial US English.  More specifically it's "Valley
>Speak" -- made popular outside "The Valley" by movies like "Valley
>Girl", "Mall Rats", "Heathers", and just about any John Hughes movie
>(especially Sixteen Candles).  The first two are crap, but "Heathers"
>is a good movie, and I still like "Sixteen Candles".

_Heathers_ may be good, but I was unable to finish watching it.  I find
it too painful to watch people behaving stupidly for no good reason.
Similarly, I was unable to finish watching _Bandits_.

WiFi is the SCSI of the 21st Century -- there are fundamental technical
reasons for sacrificing a goat.  (with no apologies to John Woods)