Python to Python communication

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Mon Oct 11 09:02:06 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:40:07 +0000 (UTC), Harald Massa
<cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a group of Python programms which I want to teach to "talk to each
> other".
>
> All run on Windows, on the same computer or in the same intranet.
> Security of communication is not an issue (encryption on lower level
> protocols / intra computer communication). Partially these programs are
> using wxPython.
>
> It is important that the communcation is "only an added feature", I am
> not willing to spend big memory / computing ressources on it.

[SNIP]

> pyro - Python Remote Objects. Irmen de Jong has a "get Firefox" icon on
> it's page and he plays with the name "pyro", which makes a good
> impression. It looks rather "ripe", but: he is talking about "pyro 4.0"
> which will be incompatible with pyro 3.4 and a total redesign. That makes
> me shudder.

[SNIP]

> Harald

Harald,

I only have experience with Pyro, so am biased, but from your rather
sketchy
description I think it would have the smallest impact (in terms of existing
code re-work) as it can simply be bolted on with the inclusion of a couple
of extra classes. At least that was my experience when I needed to get a
couple
of python applications talking...

Just my tupence worth :-)

Martin