What is Python's answer to Perl 6?

Stefan Behnel behnel_ml at dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Nov 5 03:51:28 EST 2004

John Roth schrieb:
> Shrug. I cannot get excited about a proprietary Microsoft platform.
> If anyone wants to port IronPython to Mono, I suspect the path is
> clear (although maybe not - I don't know the license for that.)

IronPython 0.6 happily runs on Mono without recompiling. I only tried it
under Linux, but their web site states that it also runs under
Mono/Windows (and maybe other ports of Mono).

The problem is that it is currently more or less unusable because of the
missing stdlib, assert statements and many other things.

Stefan