What is Python's answer to Perl 6?

Y2KYZFR1 jarrodhroberson at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 16:13:44 EST 2004

Reinhold Birkenfeld <reinhold-birkenfeld-nospam at wolke7.net> wrote in message news:<2uh4j7F2a86uqU1 at uni-berlin.de>...
> Hello,
>
> another Perl/Python question: the subject says it all.
>
> Perl is going to change dramatically to become a more powerful and
> easier to (read|write) language.
>
> Is Python taking a similar step (-> Python 3) some time in the near future?
>
> Reinhold

nice troll bait . . .

Python has always been the most READABLE and WRITABLE language, and
will continue to be extremely MAINTANCE friendly.

Perl has always been a WRITE only, MAINTANCE nightmare language. For
MANY reasons.
Nothing in the Perl 6 docs leads me to believe that it will be any
less cryptic and obfuscated and propeller head appealing than 5. More
complicated if anything.