using the bsddb from Python (missing docs!)

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:49:19 EST 2004

I was browsing through the source tree of Python 2.4b2 and in Lib/bsddb/test
I found a lot of interesting stuff. It seems that the support for the bsd
database is much better than documented in the standard library
http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-bsddb.html.
There are tests for locking, transactions, join, etc.
Is there some documentation anywhere?
I could infer what I need from the tests but maybe there is already
some nice article on the net explaining everything I want to know and more
;-) OTOH, I do not find Python-centric documentation in the sleepycat web
site.

           Michele Simionato