Parallel Python on PowerMac?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Mon Nov 29 14:27:28 EST 2004

Hello,

and thanks for your reply.

> But I would venture to say that, *in the general case*, the "most
> efficient" way to benefit from a second cpu, both in terms of coding
> time and execution efficiency, is to use either jython

*cough* *choke*

Err, no, sorry, not for me.

> Although, iff your prospective machine supports System V IPC,

No clue whether MacOS X does so. Afaik it's basically a FreeBSD based on
Mach (from CMU) with a proprietary layer above.

> you might want to check out PoSH.

Where's the binary installer for MacOS X?

Not having to use compilers and linkers and makefiles and the like was one
of the major reasons which made Python interesting for me...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Keller