Python client lib for PostgreSQL8

Peter Maas peter at somewhere.com
Fri Nov 19 07:12:13 EST 2004

Michael Fuhr schrieb:
>>Is there already a PyPgSQL version in CVS or another client library
>>that handles PostgreSQL 8?
>

> A lot of people like psycopg.
>
> http://initd.org/software/initd/psycopg

Thanks, Michael. Does it handle PostgreSQL 8beta? I didn't try psycopg
yet because I used to work at a Win2k computer and wasn't able to
compile it. C++Builder didn't work and I was not in the mood to buy
MSVC for compiling Python extensions).

Now I've made the jump to a Linux workstation but I still prefer
software that I can install on several platforms without hassle.
I don't have any clue what advantages psycopg has over pyPgSQL.
Are there comparisons / benchmarks available?