range and wx co - ords

Malcolm Clift mj.clift at virgin.net
Mon Nov 15 11:43:01 EST 2004

Hi Bengt,

Sorry, I can see how vague my question is...

I am showing multiple pages at once.I suppose that the simplist way to
do it would be to have the position 'left' increase after so many
lines or so many characters. The problem with that is that  although
I imagine  it  is very simple to do so I cannot work out how to say
for every say something like for every 500 characters (or every 5 or
so lines),  left = 100 +  say 1000.

As I said, at the moment I'm displaying multiple draggable pages (A4
bmps) and I have just started to realise how slow that will be.
Something akin to wading through mud :  ) So although it looks nice I
think that I might have to go for a single page display. If that's the
case could you give me some idea as to how I might define 'a new
page', with the option of going forward and backward through the
pages.You've done a lot for me already, so if that's more involved
than I think I would be greatful if you told me where I might start
looking for ways to do this.

Thanks,

Malcolm