instant messenging

craig craig at yuma.ca
Sun Nov 21 10:29:32 EST 2004

On 2004-11-21 06:47:53 -0700, Lucas Raab <pythongnome at hotmail.com> said:

> craig wrote:
>> On 2004-11-19 15:08:24 -0700, Lucas Raab <pythongnome at hotmail.com> said:
>>
>>> Are there any instant messenging programs out there for use in a Python
>>> app?? I've heard of Jabber, but never looke into it.
>>

>> There are other instant messaging platforms, besides jabber.  I use
>> AIM(AOL Instant Messenger) quite a bit, and here is a python
>> implementation: http://www.jamwt.com/Py-TOC/
>>
>> I use it as a BOT, I can share my code if you care.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> -Craig
>>

> Thank you. Please do.

http://www.yuma.ca/wordpress/index.php?p=118

It's not remotely close to a good release, and the code isn't error
checked very well, but my bot (yumatito) has been up about 7 days now
on AIM without crashing, that's a good sign :P  His torrent download
ability doesn't work yet, the code is there,  but broken, as I haven't
completely grasped how the btdownload code works yet.. feel free to fix
that for me :P

Hope this helps,
Craig