instant messenging

Lucas Raab pythongnome at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:45:07 EST 2004

craig wrote:
> On 2004-11-21 06:47:53 -0700, Lucas Raab <pythongnome at hotmail.com> said:
>
>> craig wrote:

>>> There are other instant messaging platforms, besides jabber.  I use
>>> AIM(AOL Instant Messenger) quite a bit, and here is a python
>>> implementation: http://www.jamwt.com/Py-TOC/
>>>
>>> I use it as a BOT, I can share my code if you care.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> -Craig
>>>

>> Thank you. Please do.
>

> http://www.yuma.ca/wordpress/index.php?p=118
>
> It's not remotely close to a good release, and the code isn't error
> checked very well, but my bot (yumatito) has been up about 7 days now on
> AIM without crashing, that's a good sign :P  His torrent download
> ability doesn't work yet, the code is there,  but broken, as I haven't
> completely grasped how the btdownload code works yet.. feel free to fix
> that for me :P
>
> Hope this helps,
> Craig

Ah, could you possibly have a zip file?? I looked on your site and
downloaded the BZ2 file, but I'm not sure how to extract it. I have
Cygwin for another application, but I don't know how to get the files
out the BZ2. So either a ZIP file or instructions on extracting files in
  BZ2 files would be greatly appreciated.