stopping the sound server in PySol code -- how?

Lynn lynn at crazedimaginations.net
Sat Nov 20 02:54:35 EST 2004

Lynn wrote:

> Robert Kern wrote:

> It is via an RPM.  I think it's the one that came with SuSE 9.1.  It
> installed pysolsoundserver.so.  I renamed that file to see if not finding
> it would be enough.  But the script failed because it couldn't find it.
>
> I will try uninstalling the rpm and getting the PySol source.

Nope. If I run from the src (grabbed frm www.pysol.org)  I get this stack
trace:
 File "pysol.py", line 47, in ?
    from main import main
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/main.py", line 48, in ?
    from app import Application
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/app.py", line 54, in ?
    from images import Images, SubsampledImages
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/images.py", line 47, in ?
    from pysoltk import tkversion, loadImage, copyImage, createImage
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/pysoltk.py", line 81, in ?
    exec "from " + m + " import *"
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/tk/soundoptionsdialog.py", line 44, in ?
    from pysolaudio import pysolsoundserver
  File "/data/apps/pysol-4.82/src/pysolaudio.py", line 44, in ?
    import pysolsoundserver
ImportError: No module named pysolsoundserver

If I strip out every instance of importing that module, it eventually dies
with a tk box alerting me thatg the global pysolsoundserver is not defined.

I'm farther along than I've ever been though. :)

--
Peace, Love and Absolute Pleasure
Crazed Imaginations RHPS cast