stopping the sound server in PySol code -- how?

Lynn lynn at crazedimaginations.net
Sat Nov 20 02:25:25 EST 2004

Robert Kern wrote:

> Lynn wrote:
>> I have a SuSe 9.1 linux box (although this isn't a new issue) with
>> reasonably up to date everything.  When I run PySol, it grabs the sound
>> system in a rude and complete way.
>>
>> I don't listen to sound and I NEED my sound system available even if
>> PySol is running.
>>
>> Does anyone have a simple way of ripping the sound functionality our of
>> PySol?  I've not enough of a python programmer to deal with this.
>> Everything I've tried has just generated a ton of errors.
>
> How did you install PySol? RPMs? Is there a PySol-sound package that you
> can choose not to install? If PySol doesn't find its sound support
> module, it won't bother with sound.

It is via an RPM.  I think it's the one that came with SuSE 9.1.  It
installed pysolsoundserver.so.  I renamed that file to see if not finding
it would be enough.  But the script failed because it couldn't find it.

I will try uninstalling the rpm and getting the PySol source.

--
Peace, Love and Absolute Pleasure
Crazed Imaginations RHPS cast