Help on installing PyQt on MacOSX 10.3 needed

Svenn Are Bjerkem svenn.are at bjerkem.de
Thu Nov 11 01:48:18 EST 2004

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> How are you launching your program? Are you using pythonw instead of
> Python? That's how to launch Python GUI programs on Mac OS X.

I have used python until this advice. After reading your advice I tried
pythonw, but on its commandline I got the same error message that qt is
not a module. Somewhere down the compile and install pipe a file that
python need to know that qt is available must have slipped through.

> Do you have the MacPython add-ons installed? These make double-clicking
> on Python apps the easiest way to launch them. See
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/.

Yes, I have installed the MacPython add-ons. So far I haven't
experimented with it, but I will now.

> Also, my installer package is now live. See
> http://www.wordtech-software.com/pyqt-mac.html. It installs most stuff
> directly, then you just need to run sudo make install in the directories
> for PyQt and Sip. It's a straightforward build, nothing fancy, and works
> fine for me. Perhaps you should give that a try and see if you find it
> helpful.

But I have already installed Mac/qt by myself, and it is working. I
don't know what will happen if I start to install something on top of
it. Do you have a possibility to create a version that do not include
Mac/qt, or will this make no sense?

I hope to get some more time to play with python and qt this evening,
and then I will check some of your advices.

Thanks,
--
Svenn