Plone and mod_python

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Fri Nov 12 07:44:54 EST 2004

* Tony Ha (2004-11-12 11:42 +0100)
> Can some one explain what are the differences between "plone" and "Apache +
> mod_python"?

Plone is a content management system (CMS) based on the Content
Management Framework (CMF) based on the Zope web application server

> From plone.org. It says "Plone is powerful and flexible. It is ideal as an
> intranet
> and extranet server" does this mean if I use "plone" I do not need to
> install
> "Apache + mod_python"?

Plone (in specific Zope) needs a web server to serve HTML pages. You
can use the builtin Medusa for that or Apache for larger environments.
mod_perl enables Apache without Zope to execute Python scripts (CGI).

Thorsten