Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Sun Nov 14 23:13:47 EST 2004

Steve Holden wrote:

> how to put sites together, and the best way to achieve
> various results, and so on.

The entire  Zope Book is available online:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/view

I consider that as good of a startup documentation as it can
get. This covers 2.6 but as far as I could tell the only
major change that  2.7 introduced relates to the way
the zope sites are stored on the file system, they became
better separated  (a much needed  improvement BTW).
It is not an easy read though.

 > Searching for information about Zope is a nightmare of
 > broken links and outdated content

I did notice that too. In all fairness most of that content
is already in the Zope book and sometimes I wonder whether
it was the online availability of this latter was the
cause of it all.

Istvan.

PS. just noticed that they have a 2.7 edition of the Zope book
but it is being written:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition