AX.25 modules for python?

Andy andy at removethis.coolioh.com
Sun Nov 7 09:23:05 EST 2004

I am considering writing some Linux based client applications for amateur
radio in python as a learning exercise however, I have not been able to
find ax.25 python modules.  Can anyone point me to work that has already
been done in this area?  The only option I have found so far is to use SWIG
and build my own wrappers for the ax.25 modules, but that seems beyond my
current level of expertise :-)

I have had success with python server applications using ax25d, stdin, and
stdout, but examples of python ax.25 server applications would also be
welcomed.

Thanks in Advance

Andy, K3JSE